Let’s Talk Green Entrepreneurship Series - Article 1
5 successful green entrepreneurship stories you should know about!!!
What is the aim of this series?
One of the biggest hurdles that the idea of green entrepreneurship face today is the lack of awareness among community that going green could be incentivized and could be made into a profit- making model. This series aims to assist and motivate aspiring entrepreneurs, community members to green entrepreneurship by exposing them to various successful models of green entrepreneurship from across India, and by looking on the life, journey and struggles of already established entrepreneur so that these could act as stepping stones for future entrepreneurs.
So going back to topic of the day, let’s look at 5 thriving green enterprises from India.
5 successful green enterprises in India
1. Doodlage: Fed up with the increasing culture of the quick disposable fashion. Doodlage was started as a solution by coming up with innovative designs which are merged with sustainable technique of clothing thus making fashion not just chic, but also Eco-friendly. Over time, Doodlage has grown as one of the biggest names in the nation on Eco- friendly fashion. For more information, please visit https://doodlage.in/
2. S4S technologies: S4S has taken the innovation on farming industry, by coming up with more efficient food processing machines using process like solar drying, SmartDry, Haldi tech and frost dry, thus performing the entire functions using green energy sources. Once processed and dehydrated, these high-quality foods are either given back to the farmers or sold at the market. To know more about the functioning of S4S technologies please visit https://s4stech nologies.com/
3. GREEN WORMS: Ocean Litter is one of the major issues that have been created due to irresponsible waste management by humans. Green worms stepped forward to solve this problem, while at the same time create jobs for people in the community they function on. Started in 2014, from a small village in Kerala the undeniable zest to create a world with zero waste have made Green worms as one of the go to names in the nation when it comes to waste management. To know more about green worms function, please do visit https://www.greenworms.org/msw.php
4. CARBON CRAFT Design: One of the major lessons that CARBON CRAFT Design teaches us is that Air pollution and its sources has to be looked from more than one angle. Even when the main stream exhaust emissions have been regulated by governments for many years, but other sources like the process of waste tyre management have been totally unregulated. The tyre breakdown was done by using a process called pyrolysis (which produces to around 1.5 lakh tonnes of carbon waste), so seeing the need to look into this issue CARBON CRAFT Design stepped in and started utilizing the carbon waste produced and started upcycling them into building materials. How they do it? To know more please visit https://www.car boncraftdesign.com/
5. PHOOL: Ever thought what happens to the flowers that is being used as temple offerings and gurdwaras? In case of temples near ganga these flowers eventually ended up in the Ganges. So, if you are thinking what would these flowers do to the nature? the answer is rotting flowers affect the water quality and the pesticides that are used on them would sweep into the water, affect the aquatic life and water quality. PHOOL recognized this very serious issue, and became part of the solution by recycling the temple waste into flower cycled incense, biodegradable packaging and bio leathers- thus creating money and employment out of temple waste. To know more about the wonderful work, please do visit https://phool.co/